Sunday, October 11, 2009

1 month and counting

I report to the Brazil Missionary Training Center (MTC) on November 11...meaning I report exactly one month from today. I leave the states exactly one month from yesterday. The countdown of days has begun and after waiting over 4 months, I am both excited and terrified to finally reach this marker. My checklist of things I need to do before I leave is getting shorter and shorter.

Two weeks ago I gave my mission farewell talk. My topic was "Who is my neighbor?" It was a surprisingly difficult talk to write, and I had to take a one word answer..."everyone"... and speak for 12-15 minutes! Heavenly Father really helped me with that one and while studying my scriptures I titled my talk "The four little word question" and then went through my personal steps on how to answer that question.

Speaking of scriptures, I completed one of my personal goals I started when I submitted my mission papers. I wanted to read the entire Book of Mormon again before I left on my mission and today I finished! I love the Book of Mormon! It is the reason I will be serving this mission and what I will be sharing with the people of Brazil. It is truly another testament of Christ's love for all of His children and is the means through which so many of my prayers have been answered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment