Thursday, July 30, 2009

Temple Time

I was so lucky and got to spend last week with Jennae Emi! I love my baby sis! During her 7 day stay in Provo we had the opportunity to visit 3 temples: Oquirrh Mountain, Provo and Salt Lake City.

Because the Oquirrh Mountain Temple has not been dedicated yet, we were able to go inside during it's open house and see all the beautiful rooms. Of course my favorite was the sealing room. One of the greatest blessings the gospel brings to the earth is the opportunity for families to be sealed together for time and all eternity, meaning that marriages and families don't end with death. I get to be with Emi Bemi fooooorrreeeevvveeerrrr!!!! Think about that Jennae :)



There isn't a temple in my mission area, so I am not exactly sure how that is going to work. I can't go 18 months without a temple! The closest one to me once I leave the MTC (Missionary Training Center) is in Campinas, which to be honest with you, I don't know how far away that is from Goiania (I am having a hard time finding a map of all the Brazil missions). But I will be learning Portuguese in the Sao Paulo MTC for 2 months, and they have a beautiful temple nearby. There are currently 129 temples in operation around the world, so it's only a matter of time!

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhh ERIKAAAAA!
    i miss you and utah. :(
    but you'll be home soon and then we can hang out in texas! yayayayayay!

    ReplyDelete