Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Mission President

Cleaning the baptismal font

So tomorrow we are getting a new mission president. Presidente e Sister Prieto. I´m not exactly sure how this transition is going to be. I´m excited for our first interviews with him! I think it´s going to take a while for him to reach the interviews here in Rio Verde, because we´re not exactly located in the center of the mission. I´m greatful for the time I had to serve under the direction of President and Sister Tobias; I certainly learned alot!

So we got elders in the ward again! I´m super excited! Elder L. França only has 5 months in the mission and is already training! His "novinho" (new elder) is Elder Moraes dos Santos.

We´re going to focus a lot on working with the less active members of the branch and their families. There are over 500 members listed and with a frequency of 70 members at church every Sunday we have a lot of work to do. But, we have a plan, and with a plan and stubborn will, there´s a way.

I´m learning the terms for baking and cooking. I want to be able to bring home some yummy recipes, but everytime I ask an Irmã how she made a dish, she goes off using words that I´ve never even heard of. So I´m learning to expand my vocabulary.


Brazil is doing fairly well in the world cup. We don´t watch the games but, we don´t need a t.v. to know who´s winning. Everytime Brazil scores a goal, there are fireworks, noise makers and lots of cheering fans. Everyone is quick to let me know that the U.S. got disqualified...oh the joys of being the foreigner. The streets are deserted on game days, but luckily we haven´t had to knock doors on these days. We have back up plans that include the elderly in the branch and we KNOW that they´re not watching soccer games on t.v. But they live super far away, so I´ve gotten some good exercise this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment