Friday, September 11, 2009

...as a bat

I went to my last eye doctor's appointment for the next year and half...and I still have terrible vision. I think eye doctor's s love to toy with people who can't see. (my vision is -5.0 and -6.5) Every single time I go in, they read my chart, take note on my poor eye sight, have me take out my contacts, then ask me to read the letters displayed on the other side of the room. They know I can't see and if I could only squint hard enough to look at their face, I'm sure I would find them smiling at their little joke.  

The appointment was uneventful. I'm still blind...and I still hate that air puff machine.

Before I left Utah, I had my last dentist appointment. After 20 years of going to the dentists, I still don't understand why the hygienists ask me questions expecting me to answer while she has her sharp cleaning utensils in my mouth. 

The appointment was uneventful. I still have receding gum lines (yes, you read that right...who knew it was possible to brush too hard)...and I still hate the gritty feeling of the polish.

I am far from having a perfect body without flaws or shortcomings but I am grateful that I have a healthy body. I am grateful that I am capable of serving a mission that I know will be tiring and difficult. If I am able to live righteously for the rest of my earthy life, there is a blessing that is promised to me and everyone else:

"The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."
Alma 40:23

My eye sight will be 20/20...my longboarding scars will go away...and I will finally be able to run more than 2 miles at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment