Friday, September 18, 2009

OLE OLE


So...while learning more about Brazil and it's culture, I couldn't help but come across a bajillion articles related to the country's obsession with soccer a.k.a. futebol.  

I am super stoked for the world cup which will be going on in South Africa next year! The matches officially start on Friday June 11, 2010 so I will get to be in the middle of all the Brazilian hub-bub. I've been told about past world cups and how Brazil goes crazy every time their team scores a GGOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!! 

Fun facts:
-Brazil has won 5 world cups...more than any other country and has been runner up twice.
-In the 2006 games, 17 of the 23 players on the roster went by a single name i.e. Ronaldinho...who knows what his last name is?
-There is @ least 1 soccer stadium in every Brazilian city

Since soccer is so huge I look forward to getting schooled by some 7 year old kids who have the sport in their blood! Ole ole ole ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment