Saturday, December 12, 2009

Visas Are Coming Through!

Two of the missionaries in Erika's District have received their visas. One of them was from her threesome companionship.

Erika states about learning the Portuguese language, "Every week we have a personal interview with our teachers to discuss how our MTC stay is going and more specifically how the language and gospel lessons are going. Starting today we are only allowed to speak Portuguese in the classroom. That means...no English at all! I am so stoked because I love Portuguese and now that we will be forced to speak and listen to it, we'll learn it a ton faster. Well one of my teachers...Irmao (Brother) Flanigan was the one that interviewed me. He told me that he was impressed with my ability to pick up the language (Erika has been there for 4 weeks and can speak as well as some 9 weekers)."

As most of you know, Erika loves to sing. "This Sunday the Sisters in our branch are going to be singing the Primary hymn 'Mary's Lullaby' in Portuguese. I love music and the spirit that it brings. Here in the MTC they tweaked the words to 'Bring the World His Truth.' In the MTC it states: 'We ARE NOW the Lord's missionaries.' So true! We are now the Lord's missionaries to bring the world His truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment