Monday, March 7, 2011

Threesome For The Third Time!

This week passed by super fast...too bad I forgot my camera cord at home, so I can´t send photos. The highlight of the week was the news that I´m training again! Yup the newest sister, Sister Ferreira, from Fortaleza is now in trio with me and Sister da Silva. I really like training but I think that Pres. Prieto is trying to keep my mind super occupied so I can´t think about the end of the mission.

Speaking of the end of the mission, I got a phone call last week from the mission office about flight plans home...but there´s something wrong with the plans. The Elder called to tell me that I would be going home May 11th. The problem is that May 11th is right in the middle of a transfer. I asked him about when the transfer would end and he responded saying that he thought it was wierd that I would be going home in the middle of a transfer and I would be traveling alone instead of leaving with a big group of American Elders on May 31st. Well...I told him that I didn´t want to leave in the middle of a transfer and I certainly didn´t want to travel alone. He was supposed to call me back when he talked with Pres. Prieto, but until today I haven´t heard back from him. I´m worried that there´s something wrong with my flight information and that they aren´t able to resolve the problem. My worst fear is that they didn´t ask for my extension and that it´s still marked for me to go home in April...we did the math and the transfer ends April...11th. So, I´m just waiting for the phone call or a chance to talk with Pres. Prieto. We´re going to be having zone conference this week in Uberlândia, so I´ll be seeing him soon.

This is the week of Carnival the Mardi Gras of Brazil. All of the youth went camping to avoid the parties that would be going on here in the city. But we´re lucky we´re here in Patos because it´s a small city and not too much goes on. But a lot of our investigators are taking advantage of the holiday and are traveling and visiting family. We´re really working on Patricia and Oscar who both accepted to prepare to be baptized. Patricia is absorving everything up and is loving participating in the church activities...she even asked to pay tithing this past Sunday! I love being able to teach these people the gospel because I know it´s true.

Sorry again about not having pictures this week...next week will be double! But I`m super happy here in Patos and I´m glad that everyone´s doing well back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment