Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SPECIAL DAY FOR JOSE, SAMUEL, AND SISTER RIGGS

"José was baptized this week! He´s been super easy to teach because he not only accepts our commitments, but he actually keeps them. I haven´t taught him a lesson where he isn´t all smiles. He even called his girlfriend to let us talk to her about the church! The best part about his baptism was that he was baptized by my recent convert! Sis. Judd and I taught Samuel and he was baptized a little over 2 months ago. He´s super strong in the gospel and loves learning more about the church. He was readily accepted our invitation to baptize José and it was a great experience for everyone that attended the baptism." "I´ve officially given up my name. I no longer introduce myself as "Sister Riggs" but I am now "Seester Higgies". I´m just so tired of people forgetting my name because it´s too hard to pronounce. In our lessons with members and less actives it was always "Sis. Judd/Sis. Santos can say the opening prayer and the other one can say the closing prayer." I don´t want to be`"the other one" I want a name! I´ve been fighting the seester higgies for over 3 months and decided that I can´t win....bleh it´s so ugly!"

This is a group photo of the missionries with Elder Russell M. Nelson, an apostle of Jesus Christ. Sister Riggs is standing right behind Elder Nelson. (NOTE FROM ERIKA'S MOM: I used to work as a nurse on the thoracic unit at LDS Hospital in Utah [before I was married]. Elder Nelson was at that time working as a open heart surgeon and I took care of a lot of his patients. I was even present in the operating room when he was performing one of his operations. I would never had thought that my daughter would one day meet him and be in a photo standing right behind him.!)

No comments:

Post a Comment